So... after the excited post this morning the day went downhill. Without posting all the thrilling details, Violet and I spent 6 hours today at the Asheville airport, only to return home at the end of the day, $270 richer but having lost a day of our lives and, most noticeably, not ending up in Kansas City as was our intention. I started writing it all out in detail but was just upsetting myself so... there's the crux of it. Our checked bag is in Kansas City, we are both tired and cranky and supposedly if we just go back at 7:30 tomorrow morning and find a woman named Renee we should be good to get on an early flight, although I'm suspicious because my ticket says SEAT REQUEST across the top which is exactly what the one today said and we all know how that ended up. I'm supposed to be in Kansas City having eaten some delicious homemade chicken soup and enjoying a microbrew and fabulous conversation. Instead I am achy all over, have laundry going (you wouldn't believe the nastiness that yellow blanket endured all over the airport floor today - enough to make an OCD mother itch all over and then run it through two wash cycles...) and am so keyed up I suspect I will never sleep tonight.
August 1st is clearly not my day. Hope with me that August 2nd has a better vibe. And that the Elmo Remote Control holds as much fascination tomorrow as it did today in the airport because we still need it to get us through a day of flying. Because... as I have to keep reminding myself, we didn't actually go anywhere today.
Grrrrrr....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment