Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Not so good news...

We went for our biophysical profile today and found out that my amniotic fluid is low. Not what we wanted to hear, of course. Over lunch we pretty much dealt with it, though, resigned ourselves to an induced hospital birth, and decided we were just ready to go. The important thing being that the baby was okay and we'd get to see her very soon.

Then we got to our midwife appointment only to find out that the hospital wouldn't take us until tomorrow night at 8. So... we've got 24+ hours now to fret and worry about the baby in her low fluid, before we go for the intervention-laden hospital birth that we didn't want. I was really much more okay with it when I thought it would all happen fast. The time to think about it all is NOT a good thing and I'm afraid I'll be much less rested for the birth than I would have been if we could have just gone today.

So... thoughts and prayers would be very much welcomed over the next few days. Things aren't turning out like we had thought they might and we could use all the love and support we can get right now.

8 comments:

Emily said...

What an unexpected bump in the road. I am sending you all prayers and wishes for a restful night, for a smooth day tomorrow, and a good birth of your little girl. I've been checking lots for you on FF and here, as my thoughts have so been with you the last few days...

Anonymous said...

Ok, that is a total bummer- but I won't dwell on the bummer part... Shelly- tomorrow you get to see your baby!!! Or, well, maybe Friday if the induction is late... Get your most comfiest slippers and a cozy robe and get ready to walk the halls till you meet your little girl! Yay!!!

Unknown said...

Sending you good thoughts. Sorry for the added stress.

Jude said...

I'm sorry things aren't going "as planned." Think of this as your initiation to parenthood! I know this isn't the birth you wanted or imagined (and how can they make you wait? ugh!), but SOOOOOOOOON THERE WILL BE A BABYYYYYYYYYY!

Cindy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about how things went today... but I'm also SOOOO excited that you're going to be meeting your baby VERY VERY SOON!

I'll be thinking of you and sending happy easy labor thoughts your way (but saving a few for myself of course... hehe).

The Milk Maid said...

No matter what- you are getting your BABY! Make the most of it all- it's all precious and beautiful~

Good luck~~ The Milk Maid

jessie said...

I'm so sorry it's not going to be the birth you want.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT your baby is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't WAIT to see her.

Jen said...

I hope that all went well and you are holding your wonderful girl in your arms right now!