Wednesday, August 6, 2008

More Pictures Please!

I've been asked to post more pictures. Like everyone else in blogland I always have good intentions but then life somehow gets in the way. But since Em has actually posted (hooray!), I thought I could make an effort and put a few more pics up too.

I love the pictures I have taken of Violet but it's also a little bit of a point of sadness with me. Through my pregnancy and especially her earliest days, I longed for pictures of us together. It's one of the little barbs about doing this largely on my own - there's usually not someone around to look at us adoringly and snap pictures. As a result I have very few candid pictures of me pregnant or of Violet and me together. The ones I do have are ones where I said, "Take our picture" and those are just never as good. Here are two that my mom took when we went to the beach last month. They are the kind of pictures I wish I had more of. I think they really capture how I feel when I'm just enjoying my sweet baby and not posing for the rare photo together.


4 comments:

Emily said...

o Shelly, yes, those are just beautiful, the spark of you and Violet together.

Cindy said...

Those are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Shelly, may I say, you look amazing!!!

jmsthompson said...

Oh, I just love these pictures. They capture your heart for that beautiful little girl perfectly!! I need to come see you and your family soon!! I love that smile. It's almost as if I can hear her giggling. Stacey