Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sorry...

It was probably unfair to post all of that almost 2 weeks ago and then never follow up. The short version of what happened is that my mother cried and said that she couldn't go if Violet and I didn't go with her. I caved and went and it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared. Of course no one wanted to be mean and put a damper on Christmas - it was actually quite fine. The teenaged children of my adult cousins were taken with Violet, the soup was good and we only stayed about two hours. It was fine.

It's Violet's first Christmas Eve and we are packing up to go spend the night at Mimi's. I'll post pictures soon enough. I'm on holiday for the next week and a half and will hopefully have some time.

I thank all four of you who loyally come in and read my little blog and leave me the occasional comment about how cute Violet is. I hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas and that Emily has a Happy Hanukkah.

Love to you all,
Michelle and Violet

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm glad the party went pretty well.

That is the cutest Santa photo ever!

Susan Propst said...

I'm glad the party came out okay. We (Sarah driving, accompanied by Ann and me ... I got a last minute offer to go in Mike's place ... Mike being Sarah's significant other) briefly passed your way in a mad rush to take Gavin on The Polar Express last night on our way to Bryson City. We thought about you fondly and wished we could have stopped on the way back .. which was around 11 p.m., so we didn't ... but happy Christmas to you and Violet.

Anonymous said...

i read!

Emily said...

is it just me, or do Violet's smily eyes look a little bit like Santa? sweet.