Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day!

Today was a surprise snow day and we had the most glorious day at home together. It made me really happy to think about summer and all the days that we'll have to spend together like today - laid back, on our own schedule, taking the time to cook and eat decent food instead of rushing around and just eating what's quick. Sometimes it is hard to appreciate Violet as completely as I'd like to because I'm so busy trying to do everything that needs to be done in order to keep us and our household functioning through the workweek. But today things were still and there was time to just be together. I was a happy Mommy today, and Violet was a happy baby.

I will try to post again soon. There are pictures of seeing the ducks with Aunties Barrett and Susan and also I've been remiss about a birthday post. It's all that yucky workweek stuff that I mentioned above interfering greatly with the time for Blog posting. I promise to try to get to it soon. But in the meantime, here are some from our Perfect Snow Day.




2 comments:

Emily said...

what a sweet joy to have an unexpected snow day with your gorgeous little Violet...

Cindy said...

What adorable photos. I'm glad you had such a nice day together.