Friday, June 26, 2009

Minnesota Moments

So we've been home a day or so now. I arrived and had a very intuitive dream confirmed by my mother - there was a final slap in the face from someone I wish I had stopped agreeing to be slapped by a very long time ago. I spent about 12 hours being upset about that and then the universe shifted. It was a welcome shift that I've needed for the longest time. And boy have things shifted. Suddenly Violet and I are both sleeping and I have realized that there's a whole other end of our aptly named Boundary Street, one where I am welcome and understood. And now it finally feels like summer vacation. Violet and I are having lovely days, filled with morning walks, trips to the library, swimming at the pool, playing all over our house and the friends that, during my pitiful phase over the last several months, I had forgotten were out there. Life is good.

And Minnesota is truly a magical place. You'll have to visit Facebook to see the whole album but here is a snapshot version of our fabulous trip. Violet is such a fantastic traveler that we are planning a second summer trip to Kansas City later in the summer!

Fabulous World Traveler Baby


Ikea Rocks!



Auntie Maria's Local Playground


Art Festival Downtown


Three Babes in Minneapolis

2 comments:

jessie said...

Shelly - Violet is just precious. And go you for moving on and through and up!

Emily said...

sweet sweet sweet photos of you girls...

and good for you for carving out your own boundary and making such a good life for you and Violet.

much love.