We're here, safe and happy. Violet was a dream baby on the plane. I didn't even need the ipod and Kissing Elmo that I had packed in the carry-on as our "If all else fails" Emergency Plan. She played on my lap happily for the first flight. In Atlanta she rode in the stroller, rode on the train and played with the inflatable beach ball like she'd spent her entire 16 months visiting airports and it was just another day. Then she spent most of the flight from Atlanta to Minneapolis sleeping peacefully on my lap. My arm fell asleep after about 45 minutes but as I listened to unhappy babies and parents all around us I was immensely grateful despite the tingling in my fingers.
It was a little tricky getting her to sleep in the musty pack-n-play last night but she did eventually drift off. Unfortunately she was up at 4:15 and didn't nurse back to sleep as I hoped she would. She played happily in the bed with us for the next hour or so, then fell back asleep for maybe another hour. She's napping now in preparation for our trip to the Minnesota zoo later today. I'm hoping she'll sleep a little better tonight, being a little more acclimated to the surroundings and time change and hopefully completely worn out from a day at the zoo.
The only snafoo has been the inflatable duck that Auntie Maria had so thoughtfully bought for Violet to bathe in. She is, for some reason, terrified of it. She gave it a very wide berth once I had blown it up and it was sitting in the dining room and then shrieked hysterically when we tried to put her in it for her bath last night. It's in the living room now, looking inviting with some books and Elmo inside but she will have nothing to do with it other than an occasional suspicious glance and some disdainful words in her native Violetspeak.
I didn't bring the camera cord so I'm going to have to go back and add pictures to these posts once I'm home. Anyway, we are here and we are well and so grateful for Auntie Maria's enormous heart and welcoming apartment (scary duck notwithstanding.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment