This is a sad post...
Today was Violet's 2 month check-up which meant it was time to face vaccinations. I put off thinking about this for as long as I could and spent the weekend trying to read and summarize as much as I could from the 3 vaccine books I had purchased. I went in with a schedule and felt pretty solid about just getting one of the five they give at this appointment. We left having gotten three. I LOVE my pediatrician and I feel like he really "gets" me and my concerns. He wanted me to get all five and was obviously persuasive enough that I got two more than I wanted (one of which I feel good about now, the other not so much.) I guess it's done now and Violet will probably be fine, but as a teacher I see sooo many kids who have sooooo many problems, behavioral, emotional, and learning related. I do feel like vaccines are part of this issue. I guess this is just one of the many, new, complicated things that we get handed, along with all the wonderful stuff, when we decide to parent.
And I have to go back to work on Wednesday which sucks more than anything ever. Or at least it feels like it right now. It sucks so much that I don't know how to write about it. Except to say I am really, really, really sad and can't imagine what it will be like to not have my girl right with me all day long. I'm too upset to say any more about it right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Today was our first day of day care. I will be sad with you.
Bummer about going back to work. :(
And Daria's 2-month is next week... I'm NOT looking forward to the vaccines.
I'm sorry you have to go back to work - that's hard....yes....
I don't know about vacines - My son had them - it just wasn't even questioned then (he was born in 1979)... I feel for you and the decisions, yes, the first of many - however, whatever happens, you daughter has two loving parents and stable home--THAT is the most important thing you can give her...
thinking of you lots this week, and hoping that your return to work and Violet's new ventures will go well...
work gets in the way of everything.
Post a Comment