I know not to expect this to become a regular pattern, but I'm so relieved to have gotten some decent rest last night and happy for her that she's getting some sleep too. She had to be exhausted after 2 days of fitful night sleep and almost no napping!
Meanwhile it is ridiculously hot here in WNC (the paper said it was hotter here than in Miami!) and I am sooooo glad that I went ahead and got air conditioning installed last month. I may have a complete fit when I get my power bill, but I can't imagine being in this house with a fussy baby in the 90 degree heat and no air conditioning. It was bad enough last summer pregnant!
We are going to a wedding today (still can't figure out how to post a link...) Violet has a pretty white sundress to wear and I can't wait to put her in it and take her picture (and post it later, of course.) I've taken a break from the video camera for the morning but now that I've had 2 cups of coffee I might be ready to tackle it again. I'm feeling more able to conquer it now after a good night's sleep.
Oh, and two more wonderful things:
1) Last night was Violet's first night in a cloth diaper. So far, almost 14 hours later, we still have no leaks! (for you cloth diaper affectionados, it was a BG2.0 with the original CB liner and a JoeyBunz behind it)
2) Monday is a teacher workday and then Tuesday is a 10:30 dismissal day and then I will be on SUMMER VACATION!!!!!

1 comment:
Isn't it great when sleep gets better? Makes the whole household feel better, doesn't it? Aaaahh...
And I have no idea how my parents survived without a/c when we were kids. It's been over 90 here and I'm with you... I can't imagine dealing with a cranky baby in this.
Post a Comment