Sunday, June 29, 2008

Vaccinations, Round 2

Friday was Violet's 4 month Well Baby checkup. Which meant vaccinations which I've already posted some of my internal worries over. After an hour and a half wait and 3 scream-inducing shots we left. She slept through the night and I woke up on Saturday thinking, "Whew. We made it through the second round." Except that about half an hour later the phone rang and my very kind pediatrician, after asking how Violet was doing told me that there had been a mistake. Apparently the nurse gave Violet a combo vaccine instead of the DTap one she was supposed to get. He's calling me tomorrow with more information but my mind has spun and worried all weekend while my sweet little baby has cried and screamed and run a low grade fever continuously. This does not make me any more confident in my decision to vax - in fact it has me in a tailspin. I'll post more when I know it. In the meantime, please send good thoughts and prayers our way that whatever got injected into my sweet baby yesterday will not have long-term effects.

*An interesting aside is that the hospital affiliated with my Pediatric Office has recently lost (and then regained) all insurance funding because of similar issues involving incorrect administration of medications.

**UPDATE: EVERYTHING IS FINE. SEE ABOVE.

No comments: